Mozzarella and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Make a healthier breakfast sandwich with a whole wheat English muffin and eggs scrambled with roasted red peppers and fresh basil.
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp. low-fat milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese (½ oz)
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
Here are your instructions:
Combine egg, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
Heat small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-low heat.
Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add roasted red bell pepper and basil. Season with pepper if desired; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until set.
Top muffin half with cheese, eggs, and second muffin half.